Powerstand Electric standing Wheelchair
- I want to buy a P-Advance and I hesitate between a wheelchair propulsion and traction. Which one do you recommend?
The P-Advance Electric Powered Lift Stand is designed for outdoor use. It is ideal for large spaces. Indeed, it is equipped with 2 motors of 350 watts, as well as batteries of 80 A. It also benefits from a revolutionary suspension which makes it possible to absorb the irregularities of the ground, which makes it particularly comfortable during big escapades.
The P-Advance electric standing chair with traction is extraordinary to handle indoors because its radius of gyration being very short, it allows it to turn easily on itself, even in cramped places!
The best is to ask your dealer for advice, and to do a test with him to determine together, depending on your activities and your lifestyle, which chair you need.
- What does a lift chair bring more than just a stand-up?
- With a simple stand-up, the person performs his exercises once or twice a day for a set time.
A standing chair, such as P-Access or P-Advance by Powerstand allows to get up, as it pleases, several times a day.
- What is the point of using a lift chair?
The best is to ask your doctor for advice.
But to answer briefly, verticalizing is important:
- For health: this has a positive impact on the muscular, cardiovascular, …
- To resume some common activities: cooking, tinkering, ….
- To improve his social life
- Biometric compensation
This complicated name indicates a mechanical design allowing the backrest and / or the tummy to follow the movements of the back and / or the lengthening of the legs during changes of position as sit-stand for example.
In addition to the added comfort, no more slippage in the backrest pulls clothes or legs away from the pallet rest.
This is particularly important in the case of a multiposition chair that offers a wide range of possible positions.
With the P-Advance, all position changes benefit from the positioning comfort of biometric compensation.
- During a traditional verticalization, the verticalization device gradually lifts the patient to stand on the pallet rest located at the front of the chair. It follows a lengthening of the chair and a transfer of weight making the overall cumbersome and driving less easy.The “retro-verticalization” is instead to refocus the patient inside the frame of the chair during verticalization. Thus the pallet rest retracting in the chair during retroverticalisation, the length of the chair decreases in standing position relative to the sitting position.This is particularly useful in confined spaces such as elevators. This better distribution of the weights gives a better stability allows a ride in standing with confidence.The “retro-verticalization” is ideal for indoor use.
- I go by plane: my batteries are they allowed?
No lithium battery is allowed on the plane. On the other hand, AGM and GEL batteries of the IATA type are.
- I leave by car: what precautions to take?
An absolute rule: NEVER have sat in the chair in the transport (even with a seat belt). For the rest, simply fold down the backrest (if necessary the roll bar) and securely tie the taxi-bindings of the chair to the anchor points of the car.